Sunday, November 13, 2016

Life in America.

My wife has Alzheimer's. From what I can piece together, she's been in decline for eight years and now she's close to death. She is in hospice care and while I can't guess whether we she knows who I am, I know that she's happy to see me. Two days ago she reached for my hand and pulled it close to her. Holding it, she closed her eyes and seemed content.

Today the nursing home called to tell me that Jenny had gotten out of bed and scooted down the hall to be with other people. She can't walk, but she can scoot.

Unless a miracle happens and our Republican administration grows a heart, Jenny will be coming home to die. We are out of money. We did all of the right things. We saved money. We invested. But eight years of terminal illness has taken all of it. Every goddamn cent.

But I'm ready for this. I think. Wendy thinks she's ready for this.

We'll see.

Thanks, Republicans. You guys are so empathetic. You are so Christian.

3 comments:

Internet of Things (IoT) thesis topics said...

i really like it thanks for sharing this post . its too good post . i really want this .

SGintellect.com said...

Local SEO services in Phoenix
Social Media Optimization Services
Best PPC Companies in Phoenix
digital agency phoenix

antisoftware said...


Download, install and activate the AVG product. Enter your AVG license for avg retail registration in your pc.