Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'd like to thank the Academy...

The news over at Contemporary Nomad is that Granta's list of Best Young American Novelists is out.

And seven of them have not published a novel.

Which takes a lot of the pressure off, doesn't it?

That means I can win the Cy Young award without pitching a single game, or the Pulitzer without reporting or

(cue the choir)

the Oscar, without producing a single frame of film.

So, what awards are you lining up for? Accomplishment not required.

9 comments:

Victor Gischler said...

Please send me the Nobel Prize for Chemistry.

Thank you.

Victor Gischler

Ray Banks said...

Fuck that, I'm gonna be America's Next Top Model. You know why? Because I'm fierce.

And I want to make this clear: the ONLY reason I haven't won it yet is because I'm British. It's not cuz I is fugleh.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Damn. If I'm up againt Ray I know ANTM is out...

Back to the drawing board.

Karen Olson said...

I've always thought a Pulitzer would look fabulous on my resume.

Anonymous said...

I'd settle for Most Likely to Marry a Kennedy...or an Olson twin. It's all about the cash.

JD Rhoades said...

Best actor-Film at the AVN awards.

Anonymous said...

I've always felt I deserved a Nobel Peace Prize. norby

Jim Winter said...

Ah! I now can have an Emmy. Which is great, because that is one seriously weird-looking paperweight. I'll look great next to my Beavis and Butthead coffee mug and my red Swingline stapler.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Nebraska State Hog Calling Champion.