Tuesday, January 10, 2006

This green one matches your eyes.

Anyone who has ever worked retail will recognize this woman. Take a look.

True story: A friend worked in a record store back in the 70's. A guy walked in and asked for Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. My friend, a massive Beatles fan, happily showed the guy to the Fab Four bin. The guy looked at the cover and said, "No, man, I want the original. You know, by the Bee Gees."

And you thought High Fidelity was fiction.


Ted Baker said...

So finish the story...

Two seconds after the guy says "Bee Gees" he hits the floor dead right?

David Terrenoire said...

No, Ted, but I understand that to this day the guy sings in falsetto.

Jim Winter said...

Hey, I know that woman. She's the one who accosted me in the subway and insisted I knew how to get to Coney Island because I was obviously from Brooklyn.

(Pause for hysterical laughter.)

I think she was the same woman I met in Cleveland in 2000 asking me what time they set the river on fire each night.