Thursday, September 03, 2009

Confidence Fail.

I'm not doing well. I've felt like something on the bottom of a shoe for a few weeks now, but I knew my annual physical was coming up so I've put off seeing anyone about the fact that my body appears to be in slow-motion collapse.

Today is the day I go in for the yearly exercise in indignities and assaults.

This morning, at my desk, I started the day just like any other. I got a cup of coffee, fired up my e-mail, and as my inbox was loading I turned the page on my desk calendar.

And what did I read?

"One hundred and seven incorrect medical procedures will be performed by the end of the day today."
Yeah, I'll probably catch a 105 of those.

2 comments:

Graham Powell said...

(Trying to think of something encouraging to say, as I rub the knee I sprained saving a baby from a mountain lion... er, playing tag with my kids.)

JD Rhoades said...

Hope it went well and that they didn't have to put anything anywhere painful.