Friday, February 02, 2007

So I'm listening to the Wild Tchoupitoulas


on the best damn radio station on the planet and the man comes on the radio telling me more and more about who's playing around New Orleans, and I hear that Mighty Lester is in the Crescent City playing a benefit gig for the New Orleans Musicians Clinic.

Mighty Lester is a horn-driven band graced with a killer guitar slinger and a big front man who sings his ass off. These are my home boys, guys I've known for years and played with when they've been generous enough to invite me up.

You can buy their new CD, We Are Mighty Lester, right here and for a free listen visit their web site here.

These guys have worked hard to get where they are and if you have a chance to see Mighty Lester, do it, you won't be disappointed. Oh, and when they take a break, buy 'em a drink and tell 'em I sent you.

2 comments:

JD Rhoades said...

oooh...I checked it out on Rhapsody. Good stuff.

Have I mentioned how glad I am that you're blogging again?

JD Rhoades said...

Heh! The above was from me. Signed in with the Google account...