Monday, April 17, 2006

The Last Typewriter Challenge



Yes, this is the last one. Yes, I can hear the multitudes cheering. But the best news is, this challenge comes with a prize.

That's right. The first person to correctly guess the owner of this machine will win a book, signed by this author.

Clues? This writer is still alive, although the typewriter bit the dust about the time the tall ships entered New York harbor for the big Bicentennial blow-out. He's written a small handful of short stories but he's best known for his first book.

If I told you more, there wouldn't be any challenge to The Challenge.

Take your best guess. I have work to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to guess J. D. Salinger but am not sure. He is best known for his first book. I don't think he is a blogger! Sorry I missed the Blue Bayou and the reading. I did not see the notice until this morning. We were hooting it up a bit at the Blue Martini last night.

Anonymous said...

Well, if everyone else is too shy to snag the someday-to-be-really-worth-something prize, I'll bite. I guess...DAVID TERRENOIRE (who may or may not be "best known" for his first book).

Sandra Ruttan said...

Damn. I was going to guess Terrenoire too.

Because I have no flippin' clue.

Unknown said...

I think Rita nailed it.

The clue: "signed by this author." As in, the author who owns this typewriter.

Of course Rita might be totally wrong about this.

(Notice how I'm pinning it all on Rita?)