Monday, December 04, 2006

Quote of the day:

Stephen Hadley had this to say about our Commander in Chief yesterday on one of the Sunday morning bobble-head shows:

"The president understands that we need to have a way forward in Iraq that is more successful."

Wow. That's like me saying that "I understand that I need to have a way forward in sobriety that is more successful."

or Bill Clinton saying "I understand that we need to have a way forward in marital fidelity that is more successful."

or George Bush 41 saying "I understand that we need to have a way forward in retroactive birth control that is more successful."

And yes, I understand that we still need a way forward in blogger picture acquisition that is more successful.

3 comments:

Patti said...

This might be the apotheosis in Bushspeak.

Sandra Ruttan said...

It's amazing how some people can use so many words to say nothing at all.

Richard Cooper said...

David,
Are you using a different browser? Some versions don't have the picture option operational.

I wonder if Bush is enough of an understanderer to get the message!