Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Boss speaks.


In a letter on his web site today, Bruce Springsteen has endorsed Obama.

But Hillary shouldn't worry. She still has Celine Dion.

Here's the opening of Bruce's letter.


Dear Friends and Fans:

LIke most of you, I've been following the campaign and I have now seen and heard enough to know where I stand. Senator Obama, in my view, is head and shoulders above the rest.

He has the depth, the reflectiveness, and the resilience to be our next President. He speaks to the America I've envisioned in my music for the past 35 years, a generous nation with a citizenry willing to tackle nuanced and complex problems, a country that's interested in its collective destiny and in the potential of its gathered spirit. A place where "...nobody crowds you, and nobody goes it alone."

2 comments:

Jeff Shelby said...

As usual, Springsteen spoke eloquently about the sorry state of the country when I saw him perform here Monday night. I'm happy that he came out with this today.

I have a Friend Who Knows Things and there is lots of whispering around Denver that he has told the DNC he will come play a benefit concert at the convention this summer if Obama is the nominee.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Celine Dion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but she can't vote here can she? Yeah, that's who I'm going to listen to, as soon as I start listening to celebrities when it comes to politics.