Monday, August 06, 2007

OK, now this is getting ridiculous.

Schadenfreude is an easy and somewhat shameful emotion. I don't take delight in another's downfall but it's tough to take the high road with guys like Florida House Representative Bob Allen.

It seems Rep. Allen is a friend of the Christian Coalition, a group who approves of Mr. Allen's voting record by a whopping 97%. Makes you wonder about that other 3%, doesn't it?

Yes, Rep. Allen (R-Mensroom) has been a big opponent of gay rights which means that Bob Allen, being a Republican, was bound to get busted for propositioning a cop sooner or later. I think it's in the contract.

According to the arresting officer, Bob offered him 20 bucks if he let Bob polish his nightstick.

Officer Danny Kavanaugh said he was in a mens room stall when Allen peered over the door twice, then pushed it open and joined Kavanaugh inside.

"Hi, this is kind of a public place, isn't it?" Allen said, showing a real way with a pick-up line. Then Allen suggested they go "across the bridge, it's quieter over there" and offered the cop the 20 bucks.

The cop asked what he had to do for 20 bucks. He's quoted in the report as asking "do you want just [oral sex]?" and Allen replied, "I was thinking you would want one."

But surprise, surprise, Bob has a different take on what happened. "I certainly wasn't there to have sex with anybody and certainly wasn't there to exchange money for it," he said. He was just playing along, he said, because he was intimidated by the black man. "This was a pretty stocky black guy, and there was nothing but other black guys around in the park," Allen told the police and he feared he "was about to be a statistic."

So, I'm not posting this because Allen is one more self-loathing gay man in the GOP. No, I'm posting this because Allen is a self-loathing gay man who is also a lying bigot.

Oh, and that picture up there? That's Rep. Bob Allen demonstrating his technique.

5 comments:

Jim Winter said...

Maybe he'll get the same three-week cure as Pastor Ted.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

You call that technique? Pfft. No wonder the cop busted him.

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

I think we all know deep down inside that politicians, priests, and a few others all have some kind of twisted psychi. I don't think that being liberal or conservative has anything to do with it. It's just that being a conservative and one of those at the same time, makes you a hypocrite, while being a liberal and one of those, makes you a tried and proven member of the tribe. Of course I'm talking about extreme liberals and extreme conservatives here; not normal folks like you and I. But then, I sometimes worry about you Terrenoire. I really do. I sometimes worry that maybe there isn't enough scotch in the world.

Dread

David Terrenoire said...

Dread,

I think there's something to theory that conservatives who focus on matters below the belt are more apt to vent their repressions in an unorthodox way. So yes, they are hypocrites but it's their repressions that give them their initial kink.

And I quit drinking scotch years ago. It was hurting me bad. Now it's vodka. For some reason it seems less likely to kick me in the head.

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Sometimes your posts make me laugh inside, even when I don't smile. Sometimes I'm laughing with you. But then sometimes... yeah well umm I'll say you motivate me to question my postions and think, sometimes rethink. I seldome change my postion or mind on things, but at least I give it a good think. I don't disagree with your repression theory. I won't explain why. Self incrimination is kind of stupid, yah know?

Dread