Thursday, August 24, 2006

Praise Jesus and Green Tomatoes.

Want to bid on a holy tomato? Go here.

See that? See Jesus there? He's raising his arms, blessing all who see him in this miraculous piece of fruit. The guy who grew it in his holy garden now wants to use it to raise funds to build a new church.

This is what he says:

I am a member of Hope Community Church in Lawrenceburg, KY. We are currently building a new place of worship and I thought this would be great way to add a little money to the church building fund. The total selling price of this auction will be donated to my church and to its building fund. The Lord often works in mysterious ways. If he see's fit to pay for (or help pay for) the new building through a Tomato, then who am I to hinder his will.

Wow! I fnally get that whole Trinity thing now! Thank you Holy Tomato!

Seriously, if the guy wants to put the money toward a new church, more power to him. I think the guy who sold the Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese Sandwich kept his Holy-gotten gains.

Fuck him, blasphemer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will totally be bidding on this. Not because I'm religious, but because I'm grilling burgers next week and I need a tomato and it would be so cool to see Jesus on my hamburger right before I cover him in ketchup and mayo.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

Half the tomatoes in my garden look like that, but we always cut the Jesus, Mary and Elvis bits out and feed them to the chickens before we start canning. Is that sacriligeous?

Stephen Blackmoore said...

I thought the church was against transubstantiating fruit.