Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A modest request.

This is the Al Asad Air Base in Iraq. And yes, that is a sandstorm about to swallow it up.

This is the charming new home of my niece's husband, a surgeon with the 47th Combat Support Hospital.

I want you to send books to this hospital. Send 1 or 20. I want to send books because I can't send each and every person there an ice-cold vodka tonic.

Some bloggers ask for donations. I don't do that. I write this blog for free, in the hope that it provides you some small amusement. Now I'm asking you to pony up.

Do it for the men and women working long hours in the hospital. Do it for their patients.

You and I know how important books are. Pass that on to people who might think we've forgotten about them.

Send an email to davidterrenoire at hotmail.com and I'll send you the address. Ask your friends and family. I guarantee this small thing will make a big difference.

Let's build a library in Iraq.

Update: My e-mail again is davidterrenoire at hotmail.com

2 comments:

Gerard Saylor said...

I don't like being nice. But, I have a new paperback by Marcus Sakey I can send.

Gary M said...

Sounds good, Dave. Thanks for forwarding the address. We all need a pick-me-up now and then.