Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Lazarus Amp

Remember when I backed over my amplifier?

Remember how it came all apart and I, heartbroken and unable to look at the destruction of such a fine old instrument, handed all the pieces to my friend and drummer, CH?

Well, CH has breathed the breath of life into the old cabinet and tubes and here it is, whole again, hardly any more beat up than it was when I bought it. And it works.

But late at night, when everyone else is asleep in bed, the speaker rumbles with staticky transmissions from the Other Side.

Apparently, they play the blues there, too. Who knew?

Thanks CH. I owe you.

2 comments:

JD Rhoades said...

Excellent! And I'm sure being run over gives the old girl extra blues cred.

David Terrenoire said...

Dusty,

There's nothing like being dragged by the bumper of a car to give you cred on the street. And pavement.

Where's my rim shot?

And it provides a bit of optimism to what's been a pretty rough week.

Maybe things will be turning around.