Thursday, July 24, 2008

If I was working McCain's campaign I'd shoot myself.

"I come to Berlin as so many of my countrymen have come before, although tonight I speak to you not as a candidate for president but as a citizen, a proud citizen of the United States and a fellow citizen of the world ...The walls between the countries with the most and those with the least cannot stand. The walls between races and tribes, natives and immigrants, Christian and Muslim and Jew cannot stand."

"I'd love to give a speech in Germany... but I'd much prefer to do it as president than as a candidate," Mr McCain told reporters in Ohio.

Of course. And I'd love to give a speech at the Oscars, but I'd much prefer to do it as winner of best screenplay than as some pie-faced rube gawking at the stars from the curb.

A dream.

It's good to have one, but it's best not to cash that check right away.

No comments: