Wednesday, June 06, 2007

And the band played on.



That woman is Bonnie Raitt. The guy with all the hair is Freebo. The other guy is Will McFarlane. He played guitar with Bonnie's band for six years.

I get to play with Will on a fairly regular basis and he's not only good, he's generous, always giving other soloists room to move. Considering he's the big dog in the room, that's pretty cool.

Last night I was on stage with Will and Donna, our singer.

At one point Donna turned to Will, the man who backed up Bonnie Raitt for six years, and asked, 'Do you know the song "Mighty Tight Woman?'"

For those who may not remember, Bonnie Raitt wrote that song and recorded it on her first album. My guess is that Will played that song almost every single night for six years. So how did he answer?

"Yeah, I think so."

He then turned to me with a big smile that said, yeah, I know that song.

Damn, I love playing with these guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Priceless! I dig the pic too. :)