Friday, June 01, 2007

Happy Birthday, Marilyn.


Another year has gone by sans Marilyn. But we have her pictures, and we have her words. Somehow that will have to do.

A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night.

Dogs never bite me. Just humans.


Dreaming about being an actress is more exciting then being one.

Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.

Husbands are chiefly good as lovers when they are betraying their wives.

I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.


I've been on a calendar, but never on Time.

If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere.

It's all make believe, isn't it?

It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.

No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't.

What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course.

Happy Birthday, Marilyn.

No comments: