Thursday, December 07, 2006

Just in time for Christmas.

I know, I know, Ray's book has been out a while and I'm probably the last person on the planet to read it, but just in case you haven't picked up Saturday's Child by Ray Banks, then it's the perfect time to order it so you can cuddle up with PI Cal Innes for Christmas.

This is a UK site, so you have to pay in that big tissue paper-like money they measure in pounds or you can do like I did and go to the UK and smuggle it back inside a body cavity to keep from getting put on a potential terrorist list by Homeland Security.

He's already rising in the ranks of UK writers and when US readers discover him he'll be king of the world here, too.

When I read a book this good, it encourages me to keep writing in the hopes that someday I may handle language as deftly as does Mr. Banks, but I'm also discouraged because I know that's just a dream.

I consider Ray a colleague, and I am honored that he finds the time to stop by now and then with a comment. Thanks Ray, for the book and your company.

For the rest of you, you know what to do.

4 comments:

Stephen Blackmoore said...

A word of warning. I ordered mine from Amazon UK and they sent it via a tramp steamer around Cape Horn, through an Antarctic expedition and eventually up and over the Andes by pack mule in a shipment of Peruvian flake destined for Boise.

That's the only reason why I can think it took 2 friggin' months to get here.

Well worth the wait, of course, as the book rocks. if y'all haven't picked it up, get it.

David Terrenoire said...

It was a small price to pay, Stephen. But you are to be commended for taking one for the team.

Daniel Hatadi said...

I would have thought it was a lot easier just to go up the road and buy it from Better Read Than Dead.

But that's just me. ;)

Ray Banks said...

Or y'all coulda just waited until next fall when Harcourt bring out the lovely hardcover.

That's right: hardcover.

I'm all up in that literary shit.

But thanks to you - it's a rare thing when people say "I read your book" without a disgusted look on their face.