Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What, besides the bus schedule to Nogales, is Dave reading?


I just finished A Field of Darkness by Cornelia Read. I am such a slow reader, I'm embarrassed how long it's been since I started it. But that is no reflection on the quality of the book. Cornelia was nominated for an Edgar, and although she didn't take home the little mustachioed guy, she can take comfort in knowing she's written a terrific book. Man, she sure knows old money.



Next up? Because I desperately need a laugh, I'm starting Bermuda Schwartz by Bob Morris.


Bob? This better be good and goddamn funny.


Update: Stupidly, I did not provide a linky thing for Bob's book or Cornelia's book, which has been corrected so you can buy a copy of both right now.

2 comments:

Karen Olson said...

If you want another laugh after Bermuda Schwartz, let me recommend Toni McGee Causey's Bobbie Faye's very very very Very Bad Day. Sheer screwball caper from start to finish, she never lets up, and it was great fun.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Charley Brown, the kite will always get eaten by a tree, the football will always be pulled away at the last moment, and Lucy will always charge too much for unnessasary advice.
You'll enjoy the Bob morris books. They're a lot of fun.
My secret dead artist profile seems to be... uh dead. Suppose you can refere to me as the artist who used to be secret dead artist.