Tuesday, December 01, 2009

May I suggest something in a 9mm.


According to this article, the rich white guys of Goldman Sachs, the guys who took our money, paid themselves bonuses that would make an oil sheik blush, then shoved ahead of pregnant women to get the swine flu vaccine are wondering if "Eat the Rich" may be less of a slogan and more of a dining recommendation.

For the first time, they've raised their snouts from the trough long enough to recognize that they've got a little PR problem.

As the article reports, "...senior Goldman people have loaded up on firearms and are now equipped to defend themselves if there is a populist uprising against the bank."

The self-titled Masters of the Universe are getting shaky. And that's bound to throw off their aim.

Even Lloyd Blankfein, the one who claimed Goldman Sachs was doing God's work, has walked back his claims of partnership with the Almighty. He confessed, while trying on a new pair of Asian baby slippers, that he had participated in some things that were "clearly wrong."

He then unhinged his jaw and swallowed a kitten.

I'm kind of relieved to see that the people of Goldman Sachs are scared. It shows they have some sense, after all.

3 comments:

Kate Hathway said...

"And then he unhunged his jaw and swallowed a kitten."

I really wish I hadn't been drinking Coke when I read that. And so does my monitor.

Anonymous said...

Did you know that, along with deer season, it's Goldman Sachs season in Ohio?

It's true!

My niece has a rifle, and I think it's time Ciera spent a little quality shootin' time with Uncle Jim.

Of course, during Goldman Sachs season, I prefer to stalk my prey with a Lousiville Slugger. Guess I'm of the "baby seal" school of Goldman Sachs hunting.

Only fitting, as Goldman Sachs executives frequently discuss business over baby seal prayer breakfasts.

Anonymous said...

Er... That is, of course, a joke.

'Cuz I know there are some people out there who are just dumb enough to believe what I just said.