Friday, July 11, 2008

The FISA Compromise.


By now we've all heard how Obama voted on the FISA bill and if you like all of your amendments ungutted, this should make you a little angry.

Senator Dodd, along with Hillary, voted against this travesty.

Here's what Dodd said today:

“With one stroke of his pen, the President has ensured that the truth behind his unprecedented domestic spying regime will never see the light of day. But the fight must go on. I will continue to stand up for the rule of law and the civil liberties of all Americans at every opportunity, and will strongly support efforts to challenge the constitutionality of this decision in the courts. I can only hope that the courts will be able to correct the mistake the Congress and President have made.”


So today I called Obama's headquarters at 866-675-2008 and told them I had some money to donate. They were happy until I told them I had donated it to Chris Dodd. "I think you can guess why," I said.

They did and told me I wasn't alone.

Why not go here and give Dodd some love, too. Help retire his campaign debt. Then call Obama at 866-675-2008 and tell him what you just did. It won't restore the 4th Amendment or our rule of law, but it will make you feel a little better.

But just a little.
Every four years I get suckered back into this abusive relationship and wake up with a hangover, my TV gone, and my pants down around my ankles. I knew it was coming, I just didn't expect it until November.

2 comments:

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Thank you for having the honesty to admit that you are dissappointed with your candidate of choice! If more people had the honest kahonies to just say so, instead of lipping off the latest rank and file excuse spin, we MAYBE could have better candidates all round.

Dread

David Terrenoire said...

Dread,

I have my prejudices, I admit, but I like to think my impatience with bullshit is stronger than my politics. And this FISA compromise is utter bullshit.

Thanks for sticking with me.