Thursday, January 12, 2006

Dead Man Writing




There's a new magazine in town that hopes to fill the hole left by the quiet demise of Plots With Guns. Editors Bryon Quertermous and Dave White premiere the site with short stories by Anthony Neil Smith, Victor Gischler, Mike Maclean and Pat Lambe. They're calling for some hardboiled submissions, so toughen up your prose and send them something. As long as it doesn't involve tea or cats.

Dead cats are permitted, Mr. Banks.

As I've mentioned before, I'd never submitted anything to PWG. I was a Blue Murder man. Elise and David Firks treated me very well, buying everything I sent them including my recipe for The Blue Murder Martini ($50 and a T-shirt). Since Blue Murder shuffled off to wherever web zines go when they die, I haven't written anything in the short form that's worth a damn, concentrating on novels and paying the rent. I do have a rule not to write for free, but that could change. We'll see.

By the way, that's a great S&W 686 they put on their cover, one of the finest revolvers ever made with a trigger pull as smooth and constant as a good woman's love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pimp David. I love that ad, can I get a copy of that?

David Terrenoire said...

You mean the Demolition piece I put together for a header? Or the poster for the band? You can have both if you like.