Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Video Crack



My daughter brought home the first season of Lost. I'd never seen the show but I started with the first disc and several days later I shook myself from a video stupor wondering where that shaft goes, why Walt got snatched up by scurvy seadogs and how I could catch up on a new season that's half over.

But I have to ask, weren't any of these people in the Boy Scouts? Jesus, their survival skills suck.

And what about all those unnamed extras? The high school teacher with the dynamite personality was right - this is a clique. The beautiful people get their close-ups and agonize over turnip-head babies, urchin roe, Madonna smack, and a pharmaceutical supply so endless that the island must border Canada. Meanwhile, the extras mill about gathering wood and staring out at the horizon, wondering if that weekly check would be enough to pay a guy to rough up their agent.

Still, I'm tuning in. Someone pass the pipe.

4 comments:

JD Rhoades said...

This thing with the DVDs of TV shows is getting dangerous. My current drug of choice is Battlestar Galactica, which I got hooked on last weekend.

Schaz said...

Ha! If you really want to encounter addiction, try being one of the few who never saw an episode of "24" and then getting the first season on DVD for Christmas...

JD Rhoades said...

Get thee behind me, Devil...

David Terrenoire said...

My attention span won't let me follow 24 without the help of a personal assistant.

I have come to fear the collected seasons DVD of all shows.