Monday, August 21, 2006

Yes, it is done.


It's only 18 months past the time it should have been done, but it is done. Whether my client will like it, or my agent will think it's good, I don't know, but it is done.

Now, on to this film. This should go quickly. I've already written a fifteen-page treatment, so I know how and when things happen.

Then, finally, I can return to my own book.

On a more personal note, I have my annual physical today so I'll get to see my doctor shake his head and wonder how I've lived as long as I have. It's something we share.

But the book is done.

6 comments:

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

After my physical last spring, my doctor told me I was in decent shape for a sixty year old guy. Only problem is, I'm thirty-seven.

JD Rhoades said...

Huzzah! By coincidence, I went in for the bllodwork for my physical today as well. I am pleased to announce I do have some blood and it doesn't come out the color of Bacardi.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

You finished? Dammit. Now I owe Rhoades a ten spot...

I mean, um, congratulations! Woohoo! Great work.

And what does that treatment look like? Page 1: Gratuitous breast shot.

Page 2: Gratuitous breast shot.

Page 3: Gratuitous breast shot. Some dialog. Play a little golf.

Page 4: Gratuitous breast shot. Make golf joke about playing in the rough?

Page 5: Gratuitous breast shot. Profound dialog.

...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, David!

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Congratulations, and as my wife says anytime I finish any task of any consequence, "It's about time!" And doesn't the word gratuitous come from gratuity, which is a gift from graditude? Well any breast shot is a gift, and I always have graditude. So there. Gratuitous or not, hooray!

Dread

Elizabeth Krecker said...

So glad you brought up Nogales, SecretDeadArtist. Dave, do tell.