Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Why do they think it's called CRACKER Barrel?

Reverend Al Sharpton, shown here with an unidentified white woman.

Reverend Al Sharpton is due in South Carolina today to stand with Chris Rock's mother in protest over ill treatment at a local Cracker Barrel.

That's right, the confluence of the Rev. Al, a restaurant with a honky name and Chris Rock's mama doesn't come along often enough.

Rose Rock was given the high hat by a wait staff who could barely assemble a full set of teeth between them and Mrs. Rock is righteously pissed. According to her, she sat in the South Carolina restaurant for 30 minutes without being waited on and that's twenty minutes longer than anyone should have to spend:

A. In a Cracker Barrel

B. In South Carolina

After Mrs. Rock complained, the manager offered to comp their meals. Mrs. Rock told him to shove his ofay food up his ofay ass (or words to that effect).

In a related development, Mrs. Rock was accidentally trampled when she got between Rev. Sharpton and a TV camera. Mrs. Rock was not injured but Sharpton fell down and broke his hair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a simliar suit pending against Hooters.

JIm

JD Rhoades said...

You ALWAYS have to wait at Cracker Barrel. It's part of the mystique. It's like Outback.

Jim: I dunno what your problem is. The chicks at Hooters love me. They laugh at my jokes and call me "sweetie."

I think they're kinda into me, really. I'm trying to think of some way to let them down easy, 'cause I'm the senstive kind of playa. It's just how I roll.

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Um Terrenoire, I could swear you've commited satire in this post. Wasn't that made illegal with the Military Commissions Act? Can you believe Al Sharpton beat Jessie Jackson to the camera? But then the back room payoff is what really counts. Jessie may already have that in his pocket.

Dread