Thursday, September 06, 2007

Something to entertain you.



While I'm working, here's something to listen to. This is Jake Shimabukuro and he's playing a ukulele. That's right, a fucking ukulele. So before you crack wise about Tiny Tim or Don Ho, shut the hell up and watch the video.

Because I bought a uke last Saturday and I haven't been able to put it down. Jenny's not enjoying it so much, but it beats the screaming drunks and howling crack whores I usually bring home.

I'm working at it, but right now I sound less like Jake and a lot more like, well, this jerk:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still sounds like plinka plinka plinka to me

pattinase (abbott) said...

Okay. Apparently he hasn't studied at the Arthur Godfrey School so how can we take him seriously. He actually thinks he's playing a instrument with chords and whatever.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Yeah, sounds like plinka plinka plinka to me, too. And I'm Hawaiian.

Jenny, just be thankful he didn't go for the nose flute.

here today, gone tomorrow said...

I love that song, I love ukulele, and that video was deelish. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

The commentators that don't recognize the brilliance of Jake Shimabukuro are pathetically ignorant of great musicianship and great music too, probably.