Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Stop me before I kill again.

I murdered an old friend last night. It was this 1948 National amp you see up there. In my idiocy, I was packing up after rehearsal, got distracted, forgot and backed over it.

It is toast.

I'm happy it wasn't a child or a dog. It was just an amp.

An amplifier I've played through for years, as much of an instrument as my guitars or my box of harps. I don't know how I'll replace it.

Compared with other things that have happened lately, this is a very small thing, barely rising above annoyance.

Still, I loved that old amp.

I hope your year has been better than mine because so far, 2007 has sucked.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can donate one of my old leather suitcases if you need it. Just let me know.

Anonymous said...

My husband has an old bowling ball bag his father gave him that looks like that...I could only hope he'd take it out of the house and back over it.

Sorry about your amp. What's your deductible on your house insurance? Can you get a new one?

David Terrenoire said...

I don't know, Lori. These things are very quirky. Every one has its own personality and sound. I'll have to replace this but it won't be the same.

We'll see how it goes.

JD Rhoades said...

Damn. A small thing maybe in the great scheme of things, but it still sucks. If I backed over one of my guitars, I'd be pretty upset too. Sure it can't be fixed?

Anonymous said...

Damn that sucks David. Hope the last few months of the year pick up for you. ;o)

Stephen Blackmoore said...

A moment of silence for a loud and trusted friend.

Daniel Hatadi said...

I feel your pain. Gear does become like an old friend. All you can do for comfort is obsess over getting new gear.

Works for me.