Monday, October 23, 2006

Because Jim Born is too nice a guy.

Today Jim Born wrote a fairly benign post about Florida politics and included this:

"Today, in the Palm Beach Post, I read about the two people running for the U.S. Senate seat. One is Bill Nelson, who, frankly I like. The other is Kathrine Harris who said something to the effect of, 'If you don’t elect Christians you are legislating sin.'"

For some reason that attracted Bonner '62 to Jim's blog who posted this brilliant comment:

She said "something to the effect of". Oh I got it, so when I write something to the effect that a hack writer named Born is a child molester that's close enough for government work. I'm sure Harris never claimed Christian voters had to elect her. That is just a liberal being a dummie as usual.

So I found Harris' exact quote as reported in that liberal rag, the Florida Baptist Witness. It took me all of ninety seconds to locate:

"If you're not electing Christians then in essence you are going to legislate sin."

I wondered why Bonner '62 couldn't use the Internets for something besides making an ass out of him/herself, so I clicked Bonner '62's profile wondering if Bonner '62 might have suffered a head wound. Turns out his/her favorite book is by Ann Coulter. That explains everything.

So, what have we learned today, children?

We learned that Bonner '62 is an idiot.

We learned that Bonner '62 can't spell dummy, much as our cheerleading friend up there - Go USA! - struggled with moron.

We learned that Jim Born is too nice a guy to make fun of the handicapped.

We learned that I am not.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate that you've got my back. I've never been called a "liberal dummie" before.

I wasn't going to acknowledge Bonner62 because he/she didn't identify themselves and called names without really knowing me. That's okay I did write the short piece on Politics. I deserved it.

I bet you'd be hell in a barfight. I wouldn't worry about anyone behind me.

For the record, I am a registered Independent and choose candidate based on height and if it's a tie in height I fall back on alphabetical order of their state of origin. The third tie-breaker is who has more hair on their back. For females candidates I'll accept facial hair as an alternative.

Thanks again,

JIm Born

JD Rhoades said...

Jim Born is too nice a guy to make fun of the handicapped.

We learned that I am not.


Me neither. Since it's Amazon, I did not use the word "fuckwit" in my repy to Boner...er..Bonner.

But I wanted to.

Richard Cooper said...

Lunacy. There must be an election coming up.

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Maybe the guy is just suffering from hanging chads. A lot of Floridians seem to have contracted that a number of years back and never fully recovered. I was called a white winged liberalist a while back and thought that unique, but now I'm begining to think the comment wasn't meant to imply my angelic qualities... Yah know, at a certain age you begin to question the general sanity of our species.

Dread

Anonymous said...

I just might decide to run for office. So - David & Jim - you wanna be my point men? Dusty can be my bodyguard.