Friday, October 30, 2009

Acceptable costumes.

I like that costume. And it would be perfectly acceptable in public schools today. If our lovely Miss Wonderland were wielding a plastic axe, she would not be.

Pity.

According to the Times, public schools across the land have cracked down on inappropriate costumes. And what's inappropriate? All the cool stuff. Homicidal maniacs, vampires, zombies and my favorite, costumes that make fun of a race or ethnicity. Killjoys.

What do they suggest instead? Historical figures and "delicious food items." I'm not kidding. You can't shamble through the halls as the undead, but you can come as Torquemada. Or maybe a Kiwi.




A memo from one principal said that costumes can't be scary and people, even those dressed up as fruit, must wear shoes. When was the last time you saw a grape wearing shoes?

No mention of whether Alice would have to have underwear beneath that frilly skirt. Kids have to have some fun.



Happy Halloween, kids! Dress appropriately. See you Monday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pleasant submit you're sharing right here. I admire a number of such good costumes.You may have determined it after some study and thus definitely in any respect that it'll help us all. I am here to look for some information with regard to one among my Outdoor Media Agencies in Indore . I am hoping it helps me to get influenced and located a solution for my hindrance quickly.