Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Vic Mizzy joins the choir invisible.



Vic Mizzy, whose lyrics swirled around my adolescent, TV-soaked cranium, has died. He was 93.

Good theme songs, like good jingles, stick with you. Right now I can sing most of the Green Acres theme and I haven't heard those lyrics in decades.

As for The Addams Family, I've always been amused by the word "ooky" he slid into the lyrics. Ooky? Yeah, ooky. It was the Sixties. And those fingersnaps are irresistable.

Vic was quoted as saying those two snaps bought his house in Bel Air.

Not a bad life.

Adios, Vic.

1 comment:

Gary M said...

I often find myself singing the lyrics to the Green Acres theme ( and many other TV themes)when I'm driving along. Those TV themes from the 60's were so much a part of the whole experience that they are forged in memory.

Good stuff, Vic...