Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Planet Sells Out.

Drink Coke!

Smoke Winston!

Read Beneath A Panamanian Moon!

Oh, wait, I've already milked that steer.

No, I'm not about to slip a bit of sly product placement into my posts about pubic shaving (use Gillette!) or Cleveland Steamers (Don't forget to visit the Rock and Roll Museum!)

Not unless the money's right, I'm not.

But we have sold our house. Now it's on with the Great Purge of '06 as we prepare to move into a sailboat-sized 1200 square feet. Everything Must Go!

All except my books, records, CDs, guitars, amplifiers and the Durham Bulls baseball signed by Tim Robbins.

Other than those things, Everything (else) Must Go!

6 comments:

Mindy Tarquini said...

Really? You're moving to a sailboat?

we're moving also. To a place with square rooms. I'm so excited.

Mindy Tarquini said...

what a minute. what sailboat is 1200 square feet? That's pretty damned big. You met that metaphorically, right?

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Congrats, David. Good luck with the Great Purge.

Daniel Hatadi said...

For a while there I was moving house about every six months. One of the joys of renting.

Hope it all goes smoothly for ya.

For The Trees said...

Well, since no one else's put their foot in their mouth, I guess it's my turn - as usual...

Have a Moooving experience!!

Remember, you can always get more stuff, if you let go of something you thought you "needed." Try letting go of more. It'll make the hefting a lot easier.

Um. I just measured, and I'm living in less than 400 sq. ft. And I have enough room. Interesting. I hadn't realized...

David Terrenoire said...

Once upon a time, everything I owned fit into one duffel bag and two footlockers, but those days are gone. I have furniture.

But 400 sq. ft. actually sounds appealing. I don't think Jenny will go for it, though.