Monday, September 18, 2006

Do Ye Know What Day This Be?

Avast, ye scurvy dogs, if ye would save yer liver from bein' chum for the sharks, I say ye'll be speakin' in the tongue of buccaneers this day.

For this day the wind blows fair for any worthy salt what wraps his tongue 'round the Ars and Ayes of the privateer, as this be International Talk Like A Pirate Day, as set out in the ancient tomes of the olde philosophers.

But if ye can't tell yer bowsprit from yer backside, I say ye can learn to talk like Long John hisself by studyin' here, with these hearty lads.

And ye beautious wenches need not feel this be a day for salts only. By the Powers, wenches may turn their deadlights on the closest lubber and let out with a lusty "ARRR," and watch as the scurvy sons of biscuit eaters scamper aft.

Aye, the comments deck be open to any hand with the lights and liver to join in. And if ye do not, then it'll be scupper that and ye can go dance with Jack Ketch ye bilge-sucking poxy. But if ye lend yer voice to this shanty, then be ye ever a seadog of the highest rank and we'll be raisin' a pint of grog to you, me laddie Jim, for ye be a worthy Planeteer.

Arrr.

4 comments:

Daniel Hatadi said...

I'd be happy t' add me comments here, but Mr. Blackbeard be havin' a small what crawled out o' t' bung hole party in me honour this afternoon. Perhaps when this be over I shall return and make merry by drinkin' copious amounts o' rum.

Stuart MacBride said...

Damn an' barst it t'the seven seas! I niver said so much as an 'Arrrrrr...' when I was on the radio device this mornin'. An' I knowed better too!

Aye, 'tis a sad day when a man with a beard can't traumatise the local DJs with tales of the salty brine.

Scurvy John, that's what ye can call me.

JD Rhoades said...

'tis a pity no one told the judge in District Court about this special day...me response of, "the defendant be present and represented, yer Honor! Arrrrrh!" came near to a-gettin' me keelhauled.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Arr! Arr... uh... arrr.

Beyond that I got nuthin'.