Thursday, March 30, 2006

Back by popular demand.



More writing today. For those following this tedious soap opera, every day I write more than I wrote the day before and what's more, I'm finding joy in it again, something that had been missing.

Now it's on to

Today's Great Typewriter Challenge

This typewriter belonged to popular novelist who gave us a lover in a bear suit, a short hero with a labor leader's name, and the successful coupling of a nurse with her comatose patient.
No more hints. Take your best guess.

I'm off to work.

4 comments:

John Rickards said...

Pah! Easy!

George Orwell.

Olen Steinhauer said...

You sure? Because clearly the finest ad of the 80s is the "Where's the beef?" campaign. Is that one of 1984's newspeak phrases? (No, I'm not going to make one of those smiley faces with my punctuation...)

John Rickards said...

Aw, man. Now not only is my answer wrong, but the changed entry means it makes no sense.

FWIW, "where's the beef?" was the title of one of the chapters in 1984, as were "Pure Genius" and "You got peanut butter on my chocolate!". Everyone knows that...

Anonymous said...

Hold on, is it John Irving? I seem to remember some nasty stuff with Glenn Close gittin it awn with a coma bloke...