Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Hell comes to Chapel Hill


Thousands of fans are expected for a rare public appearance by author JD "Dusty" Rhoades reading from his latest opus about the darkness out beyond the lights of I-95.

Tonight, Dusty will be at the Chapel Hill Borders at 7:00. Tomorrow, same time, at McIntyre's south of Chapel Hill.

The people at Borders are very nice, but McIntyre's is a great independent bookstore that really makes authors feel welcome. Last year I did a reading there and sold almost 25 books. Not bad.

So, if you're in the neighborhood, come out to see Dusty. Afterward, we'll get a drink and tell snarky lies about people who aren't there.

3 comments:

Dave White said...

Oh, is this how I get my prize??

David Terrenoire said...

This is how you get your prize, Dave. See, I go to the reading. I buy a book. I coerce Dusty into signing it and then I send it to you.

I had it all planned out beforehand. Pretty smart, huh?

JD Rhoades said...

I'm calling St. Martin's to see if they can put you on the payroll.

Thanks! Look forward to seeing you.