Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Did We Attack Someone Else While I Was Sleeping?

More stuff from my mother-in-law's trunk. As we peel back layer after layer of papers, letters, magazines, cards, catalogs, drawings, clippings, wedding announcements and pictures, we come upon this.

It's a big job, going through this house, tossing the effluvia we've accumulated in twelve years, and as we sift through it all, I also have the job, a film treatment, a screenplay, a magazine article and two novels to contend with.

Which means it's the perfect time to chuck it all for a few days in Phoenix. I'll see some old friends like Dusty Rhoades, who just got the news that he's short-listed for a Shamus, and I'll see some new friends I've gotten to know through this and other blogs.

If you're at Thrillerfest, look me up. I'll be easy to spot. I'll be the guy behind the giant smile.

1 comment:

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Damn, that must be a blast going through all that history.

Looking forward to catching you at Thrillerfest. I'll buy you a beer.