Thursday, June 05, 2008

We interrupt this travelogue for an important message from our sponsor.

Twelve Cents Shy will be appearing at Papa Mojo's, the fabulous Cajun venue for good food and good music this Saturday night.

Papa Mojo's is Mel Melton's new hot spot in Durham. Mel is a consummate Cajun chef and one hell of a hot harp player, the front man of the Wicked Mojos for years and one of my favorite bands anywhere.

The last time I saw Mel play, I was at the Cape Fear Crime Festival, happy to be there, but sorry I was going to miss Mel's CD party that Saturday in Hillsborough. As I was tooling toward the beach I looked up and saw on a bar's marquee, Mel Melton and the Wicked Mojos!

That night I went to hear a set of wicked blues with my friends, The Mr. and Mrs. Dusty Rhoades.

More on Mr. Rhoades later as I hear he's got some news.

If you're in town, please come out and hear the band. We would love to play Mel's place again and the more people who show up, the more likely he is to ask us back.

No comments: